Home and commercial property sellers want to put their property up for sale and sell it relatively quickly. It’s very frustrating when a property just doesn’t sell. There are reasons it won’t sell and sometimes those who are looking at the property won’t tell you why they passed but it’s probably because there were some of the following problems with the property.
- The property is overpriced
- The property is messy and cluttered
- Bad internet pictures
- It’s a dark and gloomy property
- It needs maintenance
- There is mold present
- The property smells bad
- The owners or agent are being too restrictive on showing times
- Owner being present or too involved in the showings
- Smokers lived or worked in the property and you can tell
- Pet wear and tear or odors or fur is everywhere
- Stuck in a bygone era. No updates.
- Seller is too emotionally attached to the property to make changes or present realistic pricing
- The home is too personalized for it’s current inhabitants
- Sold AS IS. Now that’s a RED FLAG!
- Competing with new construction
- Bug or critter problems.
- No curb appeal
- Selling at the wrong time of the year for your property
- Bad location
- Buyer agent compensation isn’t competitive
- Rental property
- The layout of the property
- Too much competitive inventory in the area
Some of these 25 reasons are within a seller’s ability to change and some are not. Try to get as many off this list as possible to sell your property quicker!
Tom Reese has 20+ years experience in helping his clients sell their homes for a price that sells and makes them a profit. Tom has helped his clients buy and sell property in every neighborhood in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
About Tom Reese
Helping my clients attain their dreams has been the foundation of my success. With my strong attention to customer service, I have earned my clients continued support and referrals. Put my enthusiasm and dedication to work for you!
Call Tom anytime at (859) 393-1293
Tom may be new to rapping but he’s not new to real estate!