So you want to sell your home! You have already got your house for the market, found a realtor, and came up with the right listing price, so now it’s time to fix up your home to make it look great inside and outside. This “Selling a House Series” is made with years of experience on the best way to get your ducks in a row so you can sell your home at the price you want. Use the following the tips below to make the process much smoother on you…
Declutter Your Home…
Clutter is the byproduct of living in your home but you don’t want that clutter detracting from the look of your home as prospective buyers walk through your home. Clutter make room look smaller, cramped, unorganized, and dirty. Go through each room and box up anything you haven’t used or worn in 6 months. Work overtime at decluttering your kitchen counters. Make that kitchen look as large as it can be.
Get YOU Out of the House As Much as Possible
You want possible homebuyers to envision themselves living in your home so pack up as many photos as possible. Pack up all the kids art that’s on the fridge and your nick nack collections, etc. After you pack it all up, don’t just shove it in your closets. You want your closets to also look spacious and orderly. Take those boxes to a garage or an attic or even better, take them to a storage unit.
Why You Should Stage Your Home
Staged homes sell 88% faster and for 20% more than homes where sellers keep their furnishings in place. Stagers sometimes hang curtains higher to make windows look larger. They also add mirrors and push furniture to the walls to make rooms look larger. You’ll also see stagers use neutral colors on the walls with colorful accented accessories.
Boost your curb appeal
The outside of your home is the first thing prospective buyers will see. Make sure the outside paint looks fresh. If you need to repaint, power wash before you do. Painting your front door is relatively easy. Does your yard have overgrown trees? Are you trees or shrubs touching any part of your home? Is your yard just grass with no flowers or shrubs? Lawns need to be mowed, trees pruned, shrubs trimmed, and pools need to be cleaned!
Selling a House Series Posts
- Selling a House Series #4 - Fixing Up The Inside and Outside of Your Home
- 4 Things You Should Know When Selling Your Home To Friends Or Family...
- Selling a House Series #3 - How to List Your Home For the Right Price
- Selling a House Series #2 - How To Find the Right Realtor To Sell Your Home
- Selling a House Series #1 - Getting Your House Ready for Market
- Selling a House Series #9 - What You Should and Shouldn't Do As You Move Out
- Selling a House Series #8 - What to Expect At Your Home Closing
- Selling a House Series #7 - What a Seller Should Do To Prepare For The Closing
- Selling a House Series #6 - Making the Right Deal
- Selling a House Series #5 - Creating an Ad and Marketing Your House
Tom Reese has 20+ years experience in helping his clients sell their homes for a price that sells and makes them a profit. Tom has helped his clients buy and sell property in every neighborhood in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
About Tom Reese
Helping my clients attain their dreams has been the foundation of my success. With my strong attention to customer service, I have earned my clients continued support and referrals. Put my enthusiasm and dedication to work for you!
Call Tom anytime at (859) 393-1293
> View Tom’s Featured Properties