So you want to sell your home! You have already got your house for the market and now it’s time to find the right Realtor to sell your home. You need to find an a partner that you enjoy being around but is savvy enough to get the job done right. Not all agents are created equal! This “Selling a House Series” is made with years of experience on the best way to get your ducks in a row so you can sell your home at the price you want. Use the following the tips below to make the process much smoother on you…
Gather Referrals From Friends and Family But Make Sure They Know Your Neighborhood
Referrals from friends and family is a good place to start but make sure the agent you ultimately choose is very familiar with your area. They need to know the area, how it stacks up to other areas, what the people are like in your area, etc. The best way to get great referrals from your family is to ask if they know any real estate agents who have sold homes in you area recently. Then leave those real estate agents a message and see how responsive they are.
Ask Potential Realtors the Tough Questions
- How long have you been a Realtor? – You want at least 2 years of experience
- How many houses did you sell last year? – You want your agent to have sold at least 15-20 houses in the previous year.
- What percentage of your listings did you sell last year? – You want your agent to have sold over 60% of his listings.
- What was your average list price to actual selling price ratio last year? – This depends on the market but anything above 90% is good.
Ask These Marketing Skills Questions
- What Online Tools Will You Use to Sell My Home? – They should have a nice website to show your house. They should be using email marketing and social media.
- What Offline Tools Will You Use to Sell My Home? – See examples of their past fliers, yard signs, and brochures. Have them tell you about their last open house events if they do them.
- How Much Do You Spend on Advertising? – Get a figure from them so you know they do it. All good realtors spend a portion of their expenses on advertising.
A Less Expensive Real Estate Agent Isn’t Always a Good Thing!
There are certain times an agent may work on a discount but good agents know they are well worth their percentage and won’t haggle much. It shows that they are confident in their abilities to sell your home. They negotiate for a living, in all most all cases realtors are able to explain why they are worth their fees. Also think about why an agent may be charging less… Are they at a brokerage that isn’t marketing the homes or supporting them like they should? Are they not confident they can sell your home?
Selling a House Series Posts
- Selling a House Series #4 - Fixing Up The Inside and Outside of Your Home
- 4 Things You Should Know When Selling Your Home To Friends Or Family...
- Selling a House Series #3 - How to List Your Home For the Right Price
- Selling a House Series #2 - How To Find the Right Realtor To Sell Your Home
- Selling a House Series #1 - Getting Your House Ready for Market
- Selling a House Series #9 - What You Should and Shouldn't Do As You Move Out
- Selling a House Series #8 - What to Expect At Your Home Closing
- Selling a House Series #7 - What a Seller Should Do To Prepare For The Closing
- Selling a House Series #6 - Making the Right Deal
- Selling a House Series #5 - Creating an Ad and Marketing Your House
Tom has 20+ years experience in helping his clients buy and sell properties. Tom is also great resource for trusted vendors that can help assess and fix a property before buying or selling it.
About Tom Reese
Helping my clients attain their dreams has been the foundation of my success. With my strong attention to customer service, I have earned my clients continued support and referrals. Put my enthusiasm and dedication to work for you!
Call Tom anytime at (859) 393-1293