So you want to sell your home! Before you put it on the market, you first need to make sure it’s ready for the market. This “Selling a House Series” is made with years of experience on the best way to get your ducks in a row so you can sell your home at the price you want. Use the following the tips below to make the process much smoother on you…
Get Your House Papers in Order
Find out the age of your home and have records to share with potential buyers. Today’s buyers do not want a guesstimate.
Find the age of the following items along with their records and receipts…
- HVAC system
- Water heater
How long some of these items last depends on the model and how well it’s been maintained.
General life spans…
- Gutters: 30 years
- Electric water heater: 14 years
- Central air conditioning: 15 years
- Wood shingle and shake roof: 15-30 years
Do a Walk Through of Your House
Look for signs of any damage that could drag down the value of your home.
Some things to look for…
- Water stains on the ceiling or near doors and windows.
- Water stains can be an indication of a leaky roof or rain coming in from outside.
- Rotten wood around outside door frames, window ledges, and garage doors. Rain and condensation can cause these areas to rot or weaken.
Any leaks under or around sinks and toilets
- Discoloration on hardwood floors which or bulges in carpet can indicate flooding problems or uneven foundation.
Have a Pro Walk-Through
It is a good idea to have a professional realtor do a walk-through of your home. It is easy for homeowners to overlook some of the eye sores as you may be used to them. You may also choose to call in an inspector who can locate problems from outdated plumbing to bad wiring.
Selling a House Series Posts
- Selling a House Series #4 - Fixing Up The Inside and Outside of Your Home
- 4 Things You Should Know When Selling Your Home To Friends Or Family...
- Selling a House Series #3 - How to List Your Home For the Right Price
- Selling a House Series #2 - How To Find the Right Realtor To Sell Your Home
- Selling a House Series #1 - Getting Your House Ready for Market
- Selling a House Series #9 - What You Should and Shouldn't Do As You Move Out
- Selling a House Series #8 - What to Expect At Your Home Closing
- Selling a House Series #7 - What a Seller Should Do To Prepare For The Closing
- Selling a House Series #6 - Making the Right Deal
- Selling a House Series #5 - Creating an Ad and Marketing Your House
Tom has 20+ years experience in helping his clients buy and sell properties. Tom is also great resource for trusted vendors that can help assess and fix a property before buying or selling it.
About Tom Reese
Helping my clients attain their dreams has been the foundation of my success. With my strong attention to customer service, I have earned my clients continued support and referrals. Put my enthusiasm and dedication to work for you!
Call Tom anytime at (859) 393-1293