This First Time Homebuyer series is here to help guide you along your way to home ownership. After you get started on your journey to buying your first home, know your budget, and know what you’re willing to trade off, then it’s time to make an offer. There is a strategy in making an offer and a good realtor can help you every step of the way. The following video will help you make a better offer…
Some Of the Tips in this Video…
- Writing and Submitting an Offer
- Review comparable sales in that area to give a good offer. Realtors can get you that information.
- Write a check for earnest money that will be held in escrow until settlement (the closing). Earnest money is a good faith gesture that show you are serious about buying the house and not just kicking tires.
- Know the Contingencies of Your Offer Contract
- Contingent on financing being approved protects the buyer.
- Contingent on an appraisal protects the bank from lending too much.
- Contingent on an inspection protects the buyer from getting a problem house.
- Contingent on having no termites protects the buyer
- Contingent on the buyer viewing the HOA contract protects the buyer
- Offer Strategy
- Be preapproved for financing before you make an offer
- Be flexible with the closing date so the owner can move and buy another home.
- Ask the seller for some help with closing costs
- Send the seller a personal letter why you want the home
- Give more earnest money than required to show you mean business
- Sellers Can Counter Offer
- You can continue the negotiation or walk away
First Time Homebuyer Series Posts
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #2 Knowing Your Budget and Making Trade Offs
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #1 How to Get Ready to Buy Your First Home
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #4 What Happens After the Offer is Accepted?
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #3 Writing and Submitting an Offer
Tom Reese has 20+ years experience in helping his clients sell their homes for a price that sells and makes them a profit. Tom has helped his clients buy and sell property in every neighborhood in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
About Tom Reese
Helping my clients attain their dreams has been the foundation of my success. With my strong attention to customer service, I have earned my clients continued support and referrals. Put my enthusiasm and dedication to work for you!
Call Tom anytime at
Tom may be new to rapping but he’s not new to real estate!