This First Time Homebuyer series is here to help guide you along your way to home ownership. After you get your ducks in row and get started on your journey to buying your first home, your budget will demand that you make some trade offs. Making concessions can be frustrating and a good realtor can help you decide what to keep on your wishlist and what to leave in the dust! The following video will also help you make better tradeoff decisions…
Some Of the Tips in this Video…
- Living with a budget is the key to your financial health
- Improving your home as you live in it can increase the value of your home. It’s an investment.
- House size… Do you want a larger or small house? Large homes will require more expensive utilities.
- Know what your utilities will be before you purchase. Know ballpark figures on electric, water, sewer, gas bills and more.
- Are you thinking about having a family in the next 5 years? A small house may not be for you if you are.
- Give yourself breathing room when buying your first home. You’ll want extra cash to afford the unexpected. You’ll want cash to improve the windows, carpet, etc.
- Is an extra room for a home office important to you? Do you want a large lawn? How are you going to spend your time off?
- In the next 5 years, will you be having a family, moving in a parent, or relocating for a job position. This should all be weighed in your decisions.
- Is the home in the right location for you and how long is your commute going to be?
- It all comes down to time, money, amenities, and the environment. You want the best of all 4 within reason and then the trade offs will begin when you are confronted with your budget.
First Time Homebuyer Series Posts
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #2 Knowing Your Budget and Making Trade Offs
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #1 How to Get Ready to Buy Your First Home
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #4 What Happens After the Offer is Accepted?
- First Time Homebuyer Series - #3 Writing and Submitting an Offer
Tom Reese has 20+ years experience in helping his clients sell their homes for a price that sells and makes them a profit. Tom has helped his clients buy and sell property in every neighborhood in Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati.
About Tom Reese
Helping my clients attain their dreams has been the foundation of my success. With my strong attention to customer service, I have earned my clients continued support and referrals. Put my enthusiasm and dedication to work for you!
Call Tom anytime at (859) 393-1293